The Doe Network:
Hot Case 176
- The victim was discovered on December 20, 1976 in Immokalee, Collier County, Florida
- Estimated age: 30-50 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-9'0"
- Clothing: Blue work pants; Blue, long sleeve work shirt, appears to be the type obtained from a uniform service for use in garage or gas station; Undershirt; A pair of socks; Lace up type shoes; Cloth type hat
- Other Items Found: "Park" cigarette lighter, bottle opener, chuck from an air pressure hose, Prince Albert tobacco can, 1 inch metal sleeve, 4 foot piece of pine firing strip, possibly used as a walking stick.
- Skeletal Findings: The cervical spine presents advanced ankylosing spondylosis. there is also advanced spondylosis of the thoracic and lumbar spine with fusion of the ribs to the vertabrae focally. The right ulna is substantially thicker and stronger than the left indicating right handedness and is evidence of moderately heavy manual labor.
The decedent was found in a wooded area being cleared for pasture. The area where he was found was thought to be burned 2-5 years previous. There was no evidence of burning or charring so it is believed the decedent died after the area was burned. The clothing had grease marks on them indicating he may have been a mechanic or gas station attendant.
Florida on December 20, 1976.
of Immokalee, Florida
If you have any information about this case please contact:
District 20 Medical Examiner Office
239-434-5020, extension 1
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: