The Doe Network:
Case File 972UMCO
Reconstruction's of Victim
Unidentified possibly Black or Hispanic Male
- The victim was discovered on November 23, 2006 in Commerce City, Adams County, Colorado
- Estimated Date of Death: November 2005 - August 2006
- Skeletal Remains
- Possible Homicide
- Estimated age: 20s or 30s years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 0" - 5' 6"; muscular build.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: He was probably Black or Hispanic or Black and Hispanic.
- Dentals: The number of teeth wasn't enough to allow investigators to use dental records for identification. He had an unusual premolar tooth on the bottom left side of his mouth, a premolar is a tooth that is still a baby tooth .
- Clothing: At the scene was a belt buckle and a pair of boots. The boots are a pair of size 8 1/2 brown work or hiking boots with black rubber soles, with the word "Rocky" on the bottom. He also wore a blue International denim jacket under a Wilson's leather jacket.
The buckle was found near fragments of what appears to be a white belt. The gold-colored metal belt buckle, about 3 inches wide and 2 inches high, has several words on it. "Real Whiskey" is stamped on the top of the buckle and "The Spirit of Wyoming" stamped on the bottom with "LORD CALVERT CANADIAN" in the middle. The back side of the buckle reads "Real Whiskey for real men."
- Fingerprints: Not Available
The victim was located on November 23, 2006 in a remote field near Interstate 270 and 64th Avenue, which is a popular spot for transients, in Commerce City, Colorado.
He was not buried but on top of vegetation.
. Investigators are trying to determine when and where the buckles were made and where they were distributed.
It's important to note that one picture of the belt buckle is the belt buckle found at the scene. The other pictures of the belt buckle are newer.
The boots resemble boots that can be purchased at Cabela's, a sporting goods store.
Victim's Boot & Belt Buckle
New buckle similar to victim's
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Commerce City Police Department
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: 13CN06009176
TheDenverChannel.com | KMGH
Rocky Mountain News
The Denver Post 6/22/07
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index