The Doe Network:
Case File 737UFFL
Reconstruction of Victim
Unidentified White Female
- The victim was discovered on October 7, 1995 in Pine Island sound, south of York Island, Lee County, Florida
- Estimated Date of Death: 20-25 days prior
- Estimated age: 36-45 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'3"; 115 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark blonde hair, with reddish tint. No tattoos. Her right earlobe was pierced twice and the left was pierced once. This woman may have been a smoker. At the time of her death, her fingernails were painted a red metallic color.
- Skeletal Findings: During life, this woman had a left temporal craniotomy. Appears that she has no children. Pott's fracture of right leg that was surgically repaired with two orthopedic screws, fracture of right arm, and fracture of left clavicle.
- Clothing: Maroon V-neck pullover hospital gown with the words "Charleston, S.C. V.A. Hospital" on the back of it.
- Jewelry: One ring (yellow metal ring with 2 mm Ivory colored stone), lightweight yellow metal bracelet, white metal watch on left wrist.
The victim was located in the waters near Pine Island on October 7, 1995.
Tucked in a sleeping bag and placed inside a sail bag, the body was discovered near the near York Island, a tiny island south of St. James City off Pine Island, after an strong storm.
Investigators with the Lee County, Fla., Sheriff's Office contacted officials at the Charleston V.A. Medical Center to find out if there were any records of similar surgeries performed on a woman. No such records were found.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
District 21 Medical Examiner Office
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Live 5 News
Naples Daily News
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index