The Doe Network:
Case File 727UFFL
Unidentified Black Female
- The victim was discovered on January 21, 1977 at Lake Mann, Orange County, Florida
- Estimated Date of Death: 4-5 Months prior.
- Partial Skeleton
- Estimated age: 11-20 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" ; 120 lbs.
- Clothing: Found near the body were a pair of blue jean-like pants, size 5/6, no brand name indicated, but a label reading "wash in warm water" was present; a yellow and brown earth-toned, size 32, blouse with a beach scene, flowers, and pictures of people printed on the front, the 3rd button was missing; pastel colored underwear with a floral pattern; a bra and a left blue sandal.
- Jewelry: A silver bracelet with a blue stone was found in the water near the body.
- Skeletal Findings: Decedent appears to have had lower nose asymmetry in which the right side is higher than the left.
There was an oval defect present on the left ankle, 11x8mm in size and 1.5mm deep, possibly from healed trauma with infection.
- Fingerprints: Not available
- Dentals: Available, #17 not yet erupted.
- DNA: Available in CODIS.
The victim was located on the south west shore of Lake Mann, FL on January 21, 1977.
An Orange County worker and his crew discovered a body near the southwest shore of Lake Mann in a small amount of water surrounded by high weeds near Florence Avenue and Lennox Boulevard.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
District Nine Medical Examiner
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index