The Doe Network:
Case File 659UFAUT
Reconstruction and Sketch of Victim
- The victim was discovered on January 9, 2005 near Pirka, Graz district, Austria
- Estimated Date of Death: at least 36 hours prior
- Manner/Cause of Death: Homicide by blunt force trauma
- Estimated age: 25 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 175 cm (5´9"); 49,5 kg (109 lbs.). Very slim figure.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female of Greek or Croatian origin. Long, blonde wavy hair, 30 cm long; her fingernails were very short and not painted. She had a narrow nose and a prominent chin with a slightly protruding upper jaw.
- Medical: At the age of 18 or 19 the victim was either pregnant or suffering from a longterm illness. Her skull showed signs of an inside inflammation from a long time ago. Her nose also showed signs of chronic sinusitis. Her facial bones were slightly asymmetrical around the eye and cheekbone area: her right side seemed larger but a little less prominent than her left side.
- Dentals: Available; compared to her age, strong signs of abrasion present on her teeth; upper incisors were slightly twisted.
- Fingerprints: Available
- DNA: Available
The victim was located on A motorway near Pirka, Austria on January 9, 2005.
The victim had not died where she was found. Following her death, the perpetrator tried to set fire to her but did not succeed. After that attempt, the victim´s left ear was cut off - according to police there were signs of an "overkill". The victim might have stayed in Austria as an illegal prostitute.
Isotope testing led police to believe that the victim had lived in Greece or Croatia up to the age of about 16. She is thought to have spent her last months in Germany or a neighboring country.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
+ 43 (0) 59133/60-3333
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index