The Doe Network:
Case File 1455UMFL
Unidentified Black Male
- The victim was discovered on March 22, 2004 in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
- Estimated Date of Death: Over 2 weeks prior
- Skeletal Remains
- Estimated age: 35-55 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9" (71")
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair. Possible mustache and beard. No tattoos observed.
- Clothing: Black shoes.
- Jewelry: 'Paul Jardin' Watch on left wrist.
- Skeletal Findings: Previous gunshot wound to left knee (patella and distal femur), Well healed nasal fracture, 6 lumbar vertebrae, bifurcated sternal end of left 4th rib, degenerative joint disease, healed fractures of sternum.
- Fingerprints: Not available.
- Dentals: Gold cosmetic caps/fronts on upper central incisors (teeth #8,9), with diamond and/or possibly spade-shaped cutouts on the anterior surfaces. Periodontal disease of the posterior maxillary dentition is indicated by advancing alveolar resorption and buttressing. Abscesses are present at teeth 2 and 14 with lytic lesions developing in the overlying bone. Heavy calculus is present on most of the dentition, but no caries were observed.
- DNA: Available.
The victim was located at 2321 North Liberty Street, in Jacksonville, FL. The location is an abandoned 'Pic N Save' store warehouse.
He was most likely a transient. The partially mummified skeletal remains were located under an old comforter on concrete, in the warehouse.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Arlene Murnak, Path Assist
C.A. Pound Human Identification Lab
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index