The Doe Network:
Case File 1141UMLA
Reconstructions of Victim
Unidentified Black/Hispanic Male
- The victim was discovered on August 16, 1997 in Jefferson County, Louisiana
- Estimated Date of Death: 2 days prior
- Estimated age: 30-45 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 71"
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Antemortem trauma to the nasal bones; frontomalare suture and left cheek bone that were in the process of healing at time of death.
- Dentals: Edentulous maxilla with pronounced bone resorption and remodeling is suggestive of a long time denture-wearer. The lower canine (lost postmortem) supported a lower denture by means of a "Dolder Bar" or similar oral reconstruction apparatus.
- Clothing: Blue "Tultex" brand sweatpants, size medium; light colored pair of socks. Neoprene "Over-the-Sock Snugleg" boots, steel-toe, Tingley brand, size 11-12.
- DNA: Pending
The victim was located in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 30 miles offshore.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office/FACES Lab
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
JPCO 412-97; LSU 07-34
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index